Event: Joint IEEE Comsoc – IEEE Consumer Electronics Society Workshop: The TV Screen in the Home
Date: Saturday, October 5, 2013
Time: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Location: Locatelli Center, Santa Clara University, Santa Clara 95053
*** Registration rates for this event have been greatly reduced ***
*** Early Bird registration rate for this event ends Oct. 3rd.
*** Students and unemployed professionals admitted free of cost, but must register at the full-rate first and then seek refund onsite.
*** Students must bring valid Student ID to venue.
*** A few participating companies are HIRING, so BRING your RESUME!
In the age that is being dominated by new mobile devices, the anchor of the content consumption industry is still the Television. As the major device and biggest screen in your home, it is the most sought after territory for viewer audience, ownership and controlling content. This conference will review several of the key technologies associated with getting content up on that screen.
The program is separated into two halves - technology related to connectivity for the screen, and technology for content creation/distribution and quality of experience for the images on the screen.
The program is being led by two keynotes – (1) SMPTE on the new directions and standards for the HEVC (H.265) Codec and UltraHD (aka 4K tv), and (2) Harris Broadcast on the technology an requirements for managing second screen content as part of and in synchronization with standard broadcast.
Featuring live demos, talks and Keynotes on 4K Ultra HDTV!
- Peter Symes - Dir of Stds and Engineering, SMPTE on HD/4K and new CODEC
- Harris Broadcast on Broadcast with 2nd screen
- Jeff Gilbert, CTO, Silicon Image
- Michail Tsatsanis, Ph.D, Director of Communication Systems at Entropic, IEEE Fellow
- Tim Kelliher, Customer Solutions Architect, Movea
- Tam Do, Product Marketing Manager for Switch Products, Pericom
- Yuval Fisher, President & CEO, RGB Networks
- Steve Holmes, Sr. Application Engineer, Tektronix
- Danny Ljubisic, Director of Business Development, Bannister Lake Software
- David Schwaderer, Industry Icon
Cost: Early Bird rate ends Sept 28th Check website for details.
More information and registration link is available here. Register now!
You do not need to be an IEEE member to attend.